Friday, May 19, 2017

Unforgettable moments

While in Delhi, I bought some eggs from the store. On checking, I chanced to see that one of the eggs was shapeless. I told the shopkeeper to replace it. He should have been polite enough to do so. Instead he went on to say that he did not lay the egg, the hen did and so on. I got infuriated and told him I will  a fight because of an egg. It was not the question of an egg, I wanted to teach him a lesson because of his impudent behavior.

I got infuriated and told him I will return again with my husband as soon as he returned from office. Maybe, the shopkeeper did not take it seriously thinking no man in his senses will think of coming for a fight because of an egg. It was not the question of an egg, I wanted to teach him a lesson because of his impudent behavior.
As soon as Venu returned from office I told him he must come with me immediately to the store. Venu tried his best to calm me down, finally decided to accompany me to the store.
The storekeeper did not except this and was very cordial to Venu saying he can take an exchange egg and whatever he wanted, face full of smiles. I think anyone who sees Venu forget their anger. Venu the real charmer.


Venu was a very good exchange master. Once having bought a sari from Nalli, Chennai, I wanted to change it and told Venu so.
We went to Nalli and gave the sari for exchange. While examining the salesman noticed a very light mud stain and refused to exchange. I badly did want to exchange for a better color.
Always the knight in shining armour, Venu as usual showed hid hreoism, asked for the manager to have a talk and threatened the salesman. The salesman then lay down arms and was willing to exchange the sari.
As it was a rainy season and I was working in a school, I wanted to buy a pair of water proof slippers.
I did wear it for a day and found that the nos on each feet were different. I told Venu I wanted to exchange with the proper size.
Venu was shocked and said since I used it they would not exchange it.
But seeing my forlorn face decided to give it a try and we went again to the Bata shoe shop in Rountana, Annanagar.
Venu did manage to make the salesman agree for an exchange after sometime of talking.


No comments: