Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The frame

One day Venu and I decided to go to the neighborhood market.
He took the car thinking there will be lots of provisions and it would be difficult to carry all.
On reaching Venu parked the car and we went across to the store. We did a lot of purchases and as usual my husband went to the car with the packets and waited for me.
After my usual practice of window shopping, I decided to cross the road and went through an iron frame that two men were carrying. I thought it to be a short cut to get to the car.
I did not expect what was to follow. I tripped on the base frame and found myself hurtling to the ground in full force. The portion above the left foot had hit the frame badly and was smarting.
It was dark, so I could not make out how the injury was.
Meanwhile a crowd started collecting to see what had happened. My husband oblivious to everything sat in the car waiting for me.
Realizing that something was wrong, Venu too joined the crowd to see what the matter was and was shocked to see me being helped up by a few men.
After having given me a piece of his mind ( he was shocked to hear that I walked through a moving frame), he took me to an ortho( the dyspensery was close by). After a titanus injection, the doctor examined my foot which by then was looking like a range of hills. He prescribed some pain killer pills and told me to meet him the next day and take an Xray if the swelling did not subside.
The next morning much to my pleasure, the hills had given way to plains. There was no swelling or any pain. It seemed as if I did not have  any sort of accident.
An apt  example of the proverb 'Look Before You Leap'.
The Frame

No comments: