Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Another egg story


This took place when I was in Delhi. I bought some eggs without noticing whether the grocer was putting good eggs or not. After reaching home while taking out the eggs, I noticed a very shapeless one. Since the store was a stone's throw away, I went back to exchange the egg for a better one. The grocer turned out to be a rude fellow and taunted me saying that it was the hen's fault, not his. I was so irked by his behavior that I threatened him that I would come back again with my husband. He laughed it away thinking no man in his senses would come for a fight for an egg. I was aware that the egg did not cost the price of a diamond, but I wanted to teach the man a lesson. As soon as my husband returned from office, without waiting to bother about anything, I pulled my very surprised husband along with me to the store. The grocer was so surprised at the turn of events that without waiting to be questioned immediately gave a hearty welcome to my husband and even exchanged the egg for a fresh one. A real jolt to women power!!!

No comments: