Friday, October 25, 2013

The Ghost

As a child, I lived in Kolkatta.
One day as I was having dinner all alone, I felt something pulling my toe from under the table.
I couregously looked under and got a fright to see something big and dark moving to and fro.
I panicked, took to my heels with all the strength I had crying out, " A ghost", and ran to my parents room and collapsed.
My mother, a courageous woman, wanted to prove that ghosts did not exist. She carried me to the room and looked under the table and lo and behold!, it was a mosquito net freshly dried that had dropped off the chair and comfortably settled under the table. The rope had got entangled on my toe, so as I moved my leg, the net too had moved to and fro.
Even now, this incident is narrated to children and they have a good laugh.

Linking this to 100 words on Saturday at Write Tribe prompt of ‘I knew it was my last day there’.

Also linking this post to the Ultimate Blog Challenge and October’s NaBloPoMo.

1 comment:

Ankita said...

haha! that was indeed funny! I read that Naga one also..animals are much better in supporting each other than us humans